Re: [VAC] Vintage couple needs encouragement

I need to get a new battery and am thinking of installing it under my front
couch, the present battery is long and narrow to squeeze between the LP
tanks and the front of the trailer.  The said battery is almost impossible
to find anymore.  My question, don't batteries put out explosive gases and
would an aquarium tube be safe enough? I hate to have Aunt Fanny light up a
Lucky Strike and be blown fanny over teakettle out the roof!