[VAC] Hail Damage

Well, today it happened. We had a bad hailstorm and my 75, 31 foot Sovereign
took a beating. The whole top is dimpled all over, the front has some dents
but not to bad. The front top vent was shattered and a hole was knocked in
the top of the A/C cover. Also one of the front side amber clearance light
was broken also. I am just sick about it as I am the second owner and have
only had it a couple of months. In fact I haven't even got insurance on it
yet.

My questions?

are the lenses or complete light assy available yet? It is a two bulb unit
that is oblong.

I think I can put a piece of lexan over the center of the vent cap if I can
figure out how to get it off.

I will put a fiberglass patch over the A/C hole. The A/C is original so the
plastic cover is very brittle. Is it ok to leave the hole in the A/C cover
open for awhile, or will the hole let water into the guts of the A/C and
damage it. I have a garbage bag over the vent cover as the living room floor
got soaked.

I am going back over my stored newsgroup files to see if I can find where
they talked about vent cap removal.

David Carr
Retired and living the good life

"Guns are the teeth of the peoples Freedom"
 - Thomas Jefferson
"They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little
  temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety"
 - Ben Franklin