Re: [VAC] '62 Globetrotter Questions

Dave,

I recently needed to replace the teardrop running lights.  I n eeded to
drill some new holes but it is quite simple to fill the old holes with a
tiny bit of good calking.  That will prevent water from getting inside.

Describe the tubes on the bottom of the trailer. Different owners put tubes
under their trailers for different reasons.

Shower Curtain.  I have made several through the years.  I prefer to use a
shower curtain liner because they are not so stiff and bulky.  Mine need to
be cut to a curve, perhaps your does also.  There is a small track at the
top in front of the door.  There are small pieces of plastic that slide into
the track.  Mine look like they were made of the plastic cording used in car
seat covers.  Pieces about an inch long sewed to the top of the curtain.  My
Bambi has the toilet in the shower so I use the full width of the curtain
and have hooks on the back wall for loops on the curtain.  That way I can
close off the toilet area because I always have something stored there and
the curtain protects it.  I use a piece of 3/4 inch tape, found in sewing
notions, to sew with quite large zigzag stitiches across the top and the
curved edge.  This is a continuous band sewn on each side of the tape.  They
will last several years so it is worth taking the tim to make one.

If I can be of anymore help, please let me know.  In the past 23 years I
have refurbished seven or eight airstreams.

Kathy