Re: [VAC] 75 airstream

Joan
I cannot help but feel sorry for the way you were treated This is all too
commonwhen someone has an Item for sale. I wish I had known about this list
before I bought my(silver albertross)a1965tradewind I had listened to storys
(from people who did not know and knew not that they did not know) about how
indestructable an airstream was I paid Over $4000 for this. (it was road
ready supposatly) I bought it as is (after all what could possably go wrong
with an airstream?) !st I checked the breaks and wheel beranings had to
rebuild the breaks. took it on a trip the rear bath fell away.I had to
replace the bath floor. the cause of this trouble is that the drain onthe tub
was never fitted properaly at the factory and part of the watwr drained out
onthe floor out of site from day one,.
Many many hours of my labor and many hundreds of $ later i finaly replaced
the floor and holding tank both gray water and black water. Other rot
elsewhere was treated a new parquet floor installed ,new lighting, new
shocks, and the list goes on and on.I did all the work myself and feel that I
spent several Thousands of $ Which in my wilested of dreams I canno't recover
The joy of ownership has long since vanished. I found new leaks in the
pluming whitch must be repaired. I wonder if it will eaver end.
Selling it is out of the question as I cannot recupe my loss.
The one bright side of this whole deal is the wonderful people I have meet at
a rally ond on the internet.
Ihope your airstream can be repaired resonably and it brings much joy to you.
GOOD LUCK
Jim Smith