[VAC] vent cap replacement

Well, I said I'd let you know how my vent came out- here it is:
Took the old, very broken vent cap to the local RV place to find one like
it.  After they stopped laughing they said" not possible". They don't carry
anything like that..  I pawed around and found one about the same size but a
bit different in dome shape. Paid $30.00.
I figured I could make it fit.  I removed the aluminum brackets from the old
one.  Just drill out the rivits- they are soft.
Okay, now I have two brackets- but they don't fit the new cap- too short to
fit on the flat part of the cap.
So, I got some aluminum channel, cut it to fit the lenght of the cap,
drilled out the rivits on the tab that has the hole in it,( that connects to
the mechanics inside the trailer,) measured and marked where it should go on
the new brackets, drilled and rivited it to the channel.  Then it was a
simple matter to mark where the brackets should go on the cap, drill and
rivit them in place.
Voilla!!!!  It fits!  It seals!! No more leaks!
I'm going to leave the bracket in the middle- it's not too noticable.
If I can do it, anyone can!  Go to it!
Merry