Re: [VAC] Information About Old Airstreams

Bela, collect the email every day from this list and start saving the notes sent by others. Open a
folder called "Airstream" and make sub folders by topics that interest you. Click and drag
interesting emails into those folders. Guaranteed you'll begin learning about stuff that interests
you and stuff you never knew existed. If you make a point of saving what you don't know, then you
can read it later when you have more of an idea of what it might mean.

Now to specifics. Pick any topic that puzzles you and put it in an email question to the list, i.e.
Where do I get .....? or how come the ............? Then, see what you get for replies. Some members
will reply promptly, while others (like us) may be traveling and don't pick up email every day. When
we do, there is too much to read in one day or answer that day. The next time we have a telephone
hookup, we send a big batch of email replies. Why am I telling you this? Be ready for a few replies
right away and then a batch of them over the next week or so. Whatever you do, don't get discouraged
if replies are slow coming in.

When you start asking questions, it helps to limit one email to one topic. Then, replies will be on
that topic and you can file them easier in the folders you made up. There are no dumb questions. It
is only dumb if you have a question and don't ask it. There is not one member on this list who knows
everything about everything. All of us are learning something.

If you have time on your hands, go to the VAC home page, click on one link every day and read
everything in that thread. Save the most interesting web addresses on your "favorites" list or
"bookmarks" or whatever that category is called on your computer for keeping a record of where you
found interesting stuff.

When you have read all the home page links, ask everyone on the list for others. There are at least
a couple dozen web addresses that most of us use with some regularity.

Bela, welcome aboard,

TCT