Re: [VAC] Dometic Refrigerator

< Does anyone have step-by-step instructions?

Hi Bruce: I just did my Dometic and it's pretty straight ahead.

Does your unit have a rectangular galv. box surrounding the pipe on the left
rear of the frig with a vertical pipe thru it? The heater is in it.

There is a small access door/ panel on the back of the galv box. The box is
stuffed with rock wool...an itchy and unpleasant material.

Remove the small slide up door held in place with one screw. Wear a dust mask
and gloves and unpack the rock wool starting around where the wires enter the
box and work your way to the heater.

The heater is in a vertical cylinder on the side of the pipe. There is a
small clip /wire dog leg holding heater down in the tube. Carefully twist the
clip to one side and slide out the heater up and out. ( Twist it back once
you've put in the new heater.)

Do the reverse of the procedure to replace it. Attach the wires, which feed
out thru a hole on the left of the box.

Plug it in, if it gets hot, you are good to go. If not look at the attached
link RV Mobile site and do the tests of elimination shown on the how to
pages. I found their site very helpful since I had never done one before.

 <A HREF="http://www.rvmobile.com/">RV Mobile, RV & Gas Refrigerators</A>

Best regards and good luck. Ley me know if it works out.

John C. @Air Stream 58 Caravanner & 63 Tradewind
 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/airstream58/Page81.html">58/22' AirStream</A>
  ( click the link to go there! )