Re: [VAC] birthdate

Bill Scott, some time ago you were helping everyone figure out their serial
numbers, and I went out and checked what mine is but didn't get around to
sending the message.  My serial number is 24DS S0898, but underneath that
number is stamped "6208."  So the serial number indicates 1960, but the date
of manufacture says August 1962?  Help me out here.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge on this.  I can't get over what a
clever and dedicated group of people there are on this list.  It seems like
there isn't ANYthing that people haven't tried doing on their Airstreams.
Replacing the skin?!  Yikes.

--Sarah