RE: [VAC] Window Operators

The little nylon slides for the early Hehr windows are called "shoes" for
some reason.  I got what Inland said were the last they had a few years ago
and used them up.  Key to smooth operation is to have slight tension in the
track to slide up and down.  I have found a poor substitite, but better than
none: cut a small dowel to just fit the width of the track and put it
through the hole in the lever.  Keeps the two attached, but "bounces" on
closing.  I imagine some soft plastic would work but have not found another
solution yet.  Any ideas that work better?? -Martin, 60-22ft.