Re: [VAC] awning installation

Philip- I had a 12' A& E awning installed on my '64 Safari about 5 yrs ago by
Twetens in Phoenix, AZ. Though i did not do the install myself, I watched
some.  It looked like they were able to find each top end bracket at a
vertical stud, through the skin. The bottom attachments are right on the
horizontal trim strip where side meets bottom. It looks like long lag screws
were used to go into the plywood floor at it's edge. Maybe he was guessing,
but I think he knew what he was doing.  Paid $90 for the install, and much
more for the awning. They gave us a deal on a mere 12 foot new awning that
somebody had replaced on a giant motorhome because it was too small!  All has
been well since.  Good luck with your project!!
Jere Potter  #1877