[VAC] Before I reinact the Hindenburg using an A/S....

I'm appealing to the LPG Gods tonight.  I'm finishing the resurrection
of my 73 Sovereign 31' and am down to testing the appliances after lots
of other work has now been competed.

Dilemma 1:  Fitted new pilot and sensor kit to the Atwood *Bowen* 10 gal
hot water heater today,  it fires up great, but flame is shut off (I can
hear a valve click shut) after at most 40 seconds..  (makes for a very
short shower!)  I have the temp control up to HOT, and as I rotate it to
cold, I can feel the thermostat click on/off for the water temp that I
did manage to get after several attempts.  So, what else shuts these
down?  There are no electronics, and it definitely is not a flame out,
because I hear and feel the click of the solenoid in the valve body.

Dilemma 2:  The furnace is a Suburban NT32-A model, and has manual pilot
light.  I can light the pilot ok, but there seems to be gas leaking from
the main on/off assy into the main chamber, even though the furnace
switch is "off".  This gas builds up until ignited by the lit pilot.
The resulting dance of blue flame actually gets quite hot.  More scary
though is that occasionally the buildup of gas from the main burner will
POP and scare the hell out of me.  I envisioned one of those cartoons
where the whole camper would simply raise a foot off the ground and look
like a blowfish in mating season.  (but later regain it's shape)  I
don't imagine I'd be so lucky.

Anyone have any resolution ideas without replacing the entire units?
The camper has age, but very little use, and I  reallllllly have a
problem spending another thousand dollars.

Chris Thompson
Going back to my Argosy 26'