[VAC] polishing boo-boo: HELP!

Hello Folks,

I was having a great time polishing my trailer when I noticed that after the
first application of Rolite pre-polish, the skin looked a little dull
compared to the other side, which I had just finished.  Then I noticed that
-- EGAD -- the new cleaner I had just bought to wipe away polish residue
("Pro Formula" 409 Degreaser/Cleaner) said "NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ALUMINUM."  I
can't believe I didn't see this on the label, but there you have it.

My question is, what to do now?  The skin is kinda cloudy.  Can it be
polished out?  If so, I think I might need a polish with a little more grit
that the Rolite, to get the cloudiness off.  Will it look better if I just
leave it alone, and let the skin "breathe" for a while?  I'm stuck!  I hope
my mistake can be rectified.  Please let me know!

Thanks,
Jon Amores #2671