Re: [VAC] Outrigger, '66 Sovereign

John,

I have a 1965 Trade Wind that has this problem as well.

The previous owner was on some rough roads in Mexico and it seems that in
the back the body seperated from the frame. When he got back into the States
he had this repaired. The dealer cut into the body near the frame just above
the rear bumper and did the repair of securing the trailer body and frame
again. Then the famous "elephant ear" patches were installed over the holes
made in the skin. Looks pretty good.................... the body and frame
are repaired..................... but it still has several out riggers
sticking through about a 1/4 inch or less. What caused this has been
repaired but the out rigger through the skin thing remains.

What I've thought of doing since the frame has been repaired is to take my
air die grinder and carefully cut the protruding out riggers back flush with
the body. Then use some excellent aluminum caulking that I have in plug the
grooves that were made in the skin.

Seems that this was a problem for this time period of Airstream. This was
the first one that I've ever seen though.

Pat