[VAC] Murphy's Law...continues.

Well..Murphy took his best shot today...and got me pretty good!
After I finally fixed my broken hot water line, with a rubber splice, I attacked
the fresh water tank.

Looking at the feed nozzle/opening on the PVC tank, I noticed something consistent
with the rest of this trailer, silicone caulking, and lots of it, all around
the base of the opening.  This is not a good sign.  I started peeling it off,
and it came off too easily, and lo and behold, the whole fitting was ripped
right out.  A big crack all around the bottom of the fitting.  Murphy..you SOB!

This is not the original tank, 'cuz the feed tube on the exterior front, didn't
really match up with the tank feed.  I removed the radiator hose that was on
there and cleaned all the areas.
I two part resin, w/glass mat, epoxy'd the crack around the fitting. and it
came out pretty good.  I repositioned the tank a little closer to the exterior
fill, and fit a new low pressure 1 1/2 water line between them. I had to remove
the exterior water feed pipe, and slide the hose over the shaft, before I could
fit the hose over the tank feed tube, but this gave me the opportunity to Vulkem
that thing too.  You know, it was just covered in silicone! <g>

BTW, it snowed hard today, four inches on top, and I saw NO leaks!

Then, I filled the tank for the first time.  Water to all faucets and to the
hot water tank!  Yea!  Of course the toilet doesn't have water to it for some
reason, to be investigated next weekend.

No hot water yet either, I have to wait for my propane bottles to be recerted.
That's a whole new ballgame/system!

Big leak in the one stop convenience center, under the battery box.  Water everywhere..ran
right into the head.  I see what you all were talking about when you mentioned
that water in the rear compartment came inside!  Gotta fix that somehow.  Murphy
again.

A hose had come off..another past rubber hose splice fix, and I clamped it back
together.  Turned on the water pump and everything seemed fine. So far so good.

Talk about jumping in with both feet.

Now..rest until next weekend.

I like the idea of this PEX stuff...I'm wondering..I think a hundred feet outa
do it! <g> ('course..Murphy'll get some too)

Nick
'68 Safari