Re: [VAC] AS as cottage, anyone?

Dan,

I have a '60 22' Caravanner that's in the process of being rebuilt.  I
installed a new Dickinson propane heater.  It has a flexible, double-wall
stainless steel pipe for intake and exhaust.  I wanted it primarily because
of the safety features of the sealed air system that keeps the air for
combustion coming from the outside and the products of combustion also
going to the outside.  The propane supply is one of the few things working
in the trailer at this time.  We were at the WDUC Cherry Blossom Rally and
Sunday morning it started to snow.  Anyone who was there will attest to how
cold it was.  As best I remember, the heat output of the unit is doubled
when the fan is used.  Since we did not have any juice, we used the unit
without a fan.  We could have used the extra heat so withoiut the fan I can
not give you a complete report.  The unit is very attractive...polished
stainless steel with a glass window to view the flame.  The furnace that I
replaced had a 2" exhaust pipe that went thru a storage cabinet and then
thru the roof.  I modified these openings to route the stainless steel flex
pipe to the outside.  The installation was rather simple compared to other
AS repairs.  I will send you pics of the setup if you are interested.

Garnett
WDCU
'60 Caravanner