Re: [VAC] Pressure Water System

In the "Good Old Days" we often used a manual tire pump to pressurize.  Also
could do it when we gassed up at the service station. The cap had a valve
stem on it.  My first 58/59 was built to operate on no electric, period.
Electric could be used if available but never had to worry about a dead
battery.  Had a gas light, very efficient for both light and heat, just
don't use it in hot weather.  The  original owner told me that if you tied a
silk scarf over the bulb on the light that the`mantle would not break.  Just
take it off when you light up!!  Worked well for us.

Kathy