[VAC] Do I really need H20 pump?

Good Saturday morning to you all....the birdies were singing so loudly that I couldn't
sleep in...they knew I had to go and work on the Airstream, no doubt. Well, here's
the thing:  As some of you may remember, I am cottag-a-fying my 30ft 68 International/Sovereign...I
will travel with my next one...anyhow I gave away the end couch and am putting in
a queen futon couch...I decided to keep the water tank in the basement in case I
ever wanted to go mobile or sell it (as someone kindly reminded me) and was going
to leave the pump...then a friend said, "Why do you need a pump if you have the water
pressure coming in from the campground pump?"  Hmmm, I thought, indeed, why do I?
 Do I?  It certainly would be quiet and tidy and I wouldn't have to jerry rig to
accomodate for it's height and bulk at the end of the new futon sofa. What say you..please
advise.
                       Went Up the Hill to Fetch a Pail of H20,
                                          Annie