[VAC] leaky windows/stick-on gutter

Hello AS buds...my 68 International Sovereign has those curvy flush windows that appear
to have a bead(or used to have a bead) of caulk/sealant in the tiny recessed space
around the window itself.  A couple of them leak like a sieve.  I bought some aluminum
colored DAP sealant for re-caulking this with a tiny neat bead...will this suffice
after cleaning out all the old stuff?
   Also, I see at Camping World that they have this gray sitck on gutter stuff...would
use of this be a horror or what? My thinking is to prevent lotsa water from coursing
down AT ALL.  Would this just look like a horse's patoot of what?

                               Keeping My Head Above Water,
                                        Annie