RE: [VAC] free places to camp

I have been boondocking along the Pacific Coast for almost two years but not with my Airstream in tow.  I took my small campervan.  I cannot recall any coastal free camping (that would accommodate an Airstream south of Santa Barbara.  Slim pickins north also.

The best friend of us boondockers is the US Department of Land Management, the custodian of millions of acres in the West.  Wherever you go lookk up the BLM and see what they offer.  There are too many to mention in a post.  Unfortunately none of their land is located along the coast.

Also in Southern California, Borrego Springs has a free campground.  Don't miss a few nights at Slab City SW of the Salton Sea and Craggy Wash near Lake Havasu.  All the above are great for Airstreams.

Bob Kiger aka Cruiser Bob
bobkiger@home.com