Re: [VAC] Aluminum Propane Tanks (New Valve Question)

Alex, 71 is most likely the last time they were certified. I don't see how a
tank could be too old, just too neglected or abused. My '60 still has 1
original steel tank, it would still have both if it weren't for a Canadian
law stating that valves must be replaced every so often. Next year I plan on
replacing both tanks, perhaps getting the aluminum ones. My theory is that
replacing the valve is too much of a bother for most companies to deal with,
they would rather push for selling a totally new tank. More profit that way.

Scott