Re: [VAC] Aluminum Tanks & polishing

For Aluminum tanks source try <http://www.airstreamdreams.com>

Advantage of aluminum is their light weight and long life as they do not
rust as steel tanks do.  They are also twice to three times as costly as
steel.
They polish up nicely.  The initial polishing of a vintage trailer using a
heavy granular polish to remove oxidation is normally a once in a life time
thing.  The finer polishes that bring out and/or maintain the shine do not
remove much aluminum and a once a year light polish will not wear out the
skin if it is not already eaten up with aluminum  corrosion.  Your Cruiser
can take a lot of polishinjg and doubtful you can polish it enough to wear
off the skin using normal polishing  techniques.  If you contemplate
polishing suggest you call Rolite Corp, at 1-800-253-6466 on their
products.  Ask for Janet. I just completed polishing a  '56,16ft Bubble
with their stuff and it came out wonderful.  I was very pleased with the
quality of their polishes (use 4 different ones).