[VAC] What the hull should I do?

For some time I have been researching for the most elegant way to clean and
prepare the hull on my 1966 Safari.  It seems watertight, has no dents and
in many areas still has the original sheen :)

But in the front end and up high there is a general dulling and some grime
which I have tried to clean in small patches.  I used wadding and lots of
elbow grease.  The result was a return to a sheen.  I am not sure whether it
is protected from future corrosion so I intend to get some Airstream lacquer
or other finish.  I cannot find this product on the Airstream websites.

Then there is time pressure.  I am scheduled to leave Oregon on May 10 and
arrive at the "snooty" mobile home park, where I have represented that my
Safari is in restored condition.  Therefore I need to get the right power
tool and chemicals to remove the grime and work like the wadding to polish.

I would like to get a cordless tool because, in the long run, it will be
more useful for general maintenance.  Can anyone provide me a straight path
to:

	- Where the Airstream lacquer can be purchased over the web
	- What power tool is most productive at restoring sheen
	- What chemicals are best for cleaning and restoring sheen

I am also interested in strategies for getting high without destroying
rivets.  Thanks and sorry for this too wordy post.

bobkiger@home.com