[VAC] Dent Removal Blues...Not!

A final update on my dent removal adventure for the '57 Caravanner...

The dent was in the most difficult of places -- across the fan shaped pieces
at the top of the trailer.  After trying to suction it out with little luck
(pulling the dent out of the thick aluminum seam was too tough), I called
some repair places.  We discussed getting new aluminum panels and replacing
them, or coming from the inside and pounding out the dent, etc., all of which
would take time and money.  And then...

Earl Scheib to the rescue!  I have a friend who runs our local Earl Scheib
franchise.  I drove the trailer by, and he took a dent puller and popped that
sucker out in 30 seconds.  It looks nearly new (if you really stare at it you
can see one small wave).  Amazing!  The only sign of the repair was a very,
very small hole, which was made on the seam and patched with silver epoxy so
as to make it practically invisible.

Now, I grant you, this may not be an Authorized Airstream Solution, and I
don't want to offend purists out there, but for those of you who need a
cheap, effective fix this can at least be an option.  Happy trailering!

Jon Amores