Subject: Re: [VAC] Front Window Protector
Date: Wednesday, March 03, 1999 1:55 PM
Heres how I made the front window protector;

First go to a glass shop and buy a piece of Plexiglas about 3" widerand
longer than you front window. next I rounded the corners to match my70
sovereign with a regular belt sander. next If you have the curved front
window you need to curve the Plexiglas. to do this simply heat the
Plexiglas one side at a time with a standard propane or mapp torchat the
spot of the bend. you will find that you need to heat on the oppositeside
that you want it to bend ,just experiment, and keep the flame movingso not
to get it too hot. Once you've got the proper bends on both sides youneed
to drill four holes that will allow you to attach the glass with heavyduty
suction cups (screw on) . But first heat your drill bit with the torchyou
really just want to burn holes. any pressure on the Plexiglas can causeit
to crack. I only attached the Plexiglas to the middle window the onethat
opens. this will allow you to open that window later. the wing windows
are now protected but you need to secure the cover so the dont flapwhen
moving I used 12'' strips of Velcro ( cant even see them) attachedto the
aluminum just outside the wing windows. this is much easier if you have
the older model airstreams that dont have the curved window just follow
above steps without the bend! Now if you want to make it really looknice
you can get tinted Plexiglas and also use a chrome looking grommetthat
goes clear around the shield. any questions when you get started justdrop
a line.

Todd