Re: [VAC] INTERESTING PICTURES PAGE

O.K. if you really are into this, here's how I did it.
Remember that everyone develops their own way to
polish.
I used a cheap Wen 7"  2 Speed Polisher $69, with
velcro disk, as I was sure that it would get ruined.
It has taken amazing abuse and keeps on ticking.
I got the Aero Buff pads, as shown on the Internet
site, with velcro backing, they make all the
difference. I clean them by spinning in a bucket of
soapy water and spin dry.
 I used the AV20 at low speed, to take off the first
layer then the AP300 to shine. Keep the surface damp
with a spray bottle of water as you polish and it
seems to work better
This did leave swirl marks so I then used a Wen random
orbital with the AP300 and finished with Nu Finish
once a year polish for protection.
As bill knows there is no answer to how long it takes
as you will never be done polishing once you start,
just a matter of time between polishing. My first job
took hundreds of hours but it is now much easier to re
polish.
This is not very expensive to do unless you consider
your time is worth something. I had nothing better to
do and lost 15 pounds doing it.
The neighbors lawn grew back just in time for this
years touch up job.

So now tell us Bill, how did you get the high gloss on
your Bambi.

Doug #3327