Re: [VAC] Towing Question

Elisa,

I sold my Argosy to a friend that has a 3/4 ton Dodge diesel (If my gas engine
rattled & smoked like his I'd get it rebuilt!)  (:    and when he tows he
doesn't need an equalizer hitch as the truck handles the trailer just fine. You
are used to fifth wheels and they tow & feel different than regular trailers.
What was the length of your trailer? Isn't your Argosy a shorter unit? More
weight in the front of your trailer might make the porpoising worse.
I tow the Bambi fully loaded with front water tank full, propane tanks full with
a 1/2 ton Suburban that usually is heavily loaded. An example is in about two
months we'll be leaving for around five weeks to do the Wagon Wheel Caravan and
the International. On the way home we plan on exploring the out back of Idaho.
We are getting cases of food at great low prices and will have them stored in
the back of the truck. Along with a canoe, bicycles, screen room tent, large
tool box loaded with all sorts of neat stuff. Being heavily loaded means that
there will be some minor "ups & downs" on certain road conditions. But nothing
that's bad or dangerous. I have several different weight distributing hitches
and have found I don't need them with the smaller trailer. When towing the 31
ft. I most certainly need it. Then I use the Reese dual-cam system. In the mid
twenty foot range I use a standard Reese weight dist. hitch.

Pat