Re: [VAC] The door knob blues!

Actually I have already replaced my OEQ AS door handle/lock with a new
one.  The only hitch (pun partially intended) was that the throw bolt in
the new lock sitting on my local RV dealers shelf was too short.
Removing the old throw bolt and substituting it in the new lock did the
trick.

BUT, the throw-bolt thingy... the one you can turn from the outside, but
not the inside...  my wife want to be able to use the throw bolt from
the inside -- our local RV dealer proudly announced they had reversed
it.  Well, it works from the inside, but now the non-working lever on
the outside does nothing -- like functioning as a 2nd backup to
preventing the dread Suicide Door from swinging open while under tow!

Does anyone know of a throw bolt that fits AS doors that works from BOTH
sides?!

Dave Huffman
'67 Caravel  [some of you may have noted that I am unable to recall
whether my Caravel is '67 or '68!]