Re: [VAC] Solar Power

Alex,
 I don't know your location, but if you're anywhere near Dayton, OH, the
annual HamVention is coming up in May. When we attended last year, there
was ONE item on my shopping list, and that was a solar panel. I found
one very soon after entering the flea market area, and bought it for
$225.00, about half what it would have cost retail. The charge
controller was an additional $20.00 or so, IIRC. The savings on that
panel paid for the entire trip to Dayton last year. (we go fairly
regularly anyway and will again this year)

Everything would have been paid for if I could have extracted a dollar
for each time I was stopped:

"Hey, nice panel, where'd you buy it?"
"Hey, nice panel, how much did it cost?"
"Hey, nice panel, how much output is it?"
and the last:
"All ready for Y2K, huh?"

You can see pics and details on my solar setup at:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/jdunmyer/airstream/

                              <<Jim>>