Re: [VAC] half inch sag and paint removal

The "elephant ears" I referred to several days ago consist of two triangular
or "pennant" shaped patches on each side of the trailer, just above the rear
bumper.  They are the result of a procedure to correct a condition when the
frame begins to sag downward creating a gap between the lower rub rail and
the frame. The skin was cut open and the sagging frame pulled up with
reinforcements and the outer shell reattached with rivets.  This tail drag or
droop seems to show up more often with rear bath models.  Airstream has a
main frame reinforcement kit that fits on both sides of the frame over the
tandem axle.  It is described in Airstream Bulletin #29.

My 27' has this variety of "elephant ears" but does not have the dimples or
puckers.