[VAC] [a/s] Micro Scratches

         The unopened bottle of Walbernize is before me as I type.  I've
never used it, because my trailer is stored at a place that won't let me.
         I wouldn't call Walbernize a "wash," if by that you mean one of
the mildly detergent soaps used to wash automobiles.  On the bottle, it
begins, modestly, with "Original!  Amazing!."and calls it "One Application,
Cleaner and Glaze"  and says it's "Ideal and Safe for All Acrylic Finishes."
         On the other hand, it's not anything like the abrasives one would
use to "polish" an AS trailer.  On the side of the bottle, it says it "was
developed to provide the easiest, quickest and most pleasant [!!!] method
possible to beautify new and old automobile, aircraft, boat and house
trailer finishes including the new Acrylic Lacquer and Melamine enamel
finishes."  It's not a polish in that sense.
         Pat Ewing [VAC list co-owner] uses it; he said, in an offline
letter, "The 31ft. has a good clear coat on it and several weeks ago I
applyed Walbernize to it. Brought out the clear coat like new. Someone on
the list has used this on his trailer for around thirty years, once a year,
and says it still looks like new. I can believe it."
         In my post to Donald Kribbs, I did not mean to come across like an
expert - I'm not.  I was just relaying one possibility for there being two
products; I have no idea whether this conjecture is correct.
         Hope this clears up - rather than further confused - my post.

- Dick
(5368)