Re: [VAC] my first airstream

Gene welcome to the Airstream family! In my opinion you could not of picked a better vintage. I own a '60 Overlander (26 foot) that was originally purchased by my grandfather. About the rusty frame back near the bumper. I have had the same problem. Last winter I had repairs done to the frame. The guy knocked out the rust then welded a plate over the damaged area. A quick and easy fix. I was leery about the condition of the frame underneath the belly so I drilled out the rivets and cut it back to get a look (I did not want to tackle the buck rivets along the bottom of the sides). It was nearly pristine! I no longer worry about the frame. Just replaced the pop rivets that I drilled out and looks better than before because they are now reattached to the supports for the belly. Another area I had problems with rust was at the tongue. Had to replace the coupler and beef up the frame where it attaches.

A question for you. Did you get any paperwork with your trailer. Info on operating appliances, a manual or sales literature?

Scott Scheuermann
1960 Overlander