Re: [VAC] Replacement for Tail Lights

Bill,
 As it turns out, my source called me just today with the very good news
that he has 4 pairs of Bargman #99 lenses for me. If anyone wants some,
they're $50.00/each, shipping included.

"The rest of the story":

My source works at a place that has a prototyping lab that has the
capabilities of making these things, using silicone molds and special
material. Both the mold and the lens material are very expensive, he
tells me that if I were to 'come in the front door', these things would
cost over $100.00/each. The normal method of making such lenses is to
use a metal mold and polycarbonate material, making the cost a couple of
bucks each AFTER THE MOLD IS AMORTIZED. This is the biggy, as such a
mold would cost several tens of thousands of $$$. He's getting these
things made as 'government work'; I don't know what he does for the guys
in the back room. I do know that it's going to cost me plenty in time
and/or $$$, mostly the former.

Please contact me off-list if you want a pair for your trailer. I don't
know if/when there will be more available.

                                <<Jim>>