Re: [VAC] Gray Water vs Black Water, a parked trailer

Rwait2001@aol.com wrote:

> Can you use a transportable external tank to transport gray water and
> black water?

Hi Elizabeth:

The answer is: you bet

> Another helpful list member said these external tanks exist and work
> fine for grey water, but the black water is a problem going through a
> hose.

Normally, you dump with a 3" hose, which would be no problem  I think
they meant a garden hose. However, if "a septic tank is not an option" I
think you do have a problem. In that case, I can't imagine where you
would dump a portable tote.

> Is really the only way to be able to use the facilities even on a very
> temporary, part-time minimal basis, to actually move the trailer to
> where you dispose of it or hook it up to a septic tank (septic tank not
> an option).  What have others done?

When I was a friend's property in NM, I was about 400 feet from her
septic tank.  I used a 15 gallon tote for the black waste and rolled it
down the hill and dumped it every a week or two. The grey water went on
the ground via a garden hose, she was glad to have it.

In your case, where you expect infrequent use, you might consider
disposing of the grey water on the ground as well.  Or through a
garden sized hose to an inconspicuous spot or drain.

The solution to the black water problem  might very well be a
Porta-Potty.  You just tote the small suitcase sized container to the
nearest bathroom and dump it.

Check out http://www.thetford.com

GQ '67 Safari