Re: [VAC] Tires

Ed,

This is advice that I learned on this list from Garnett Horner this past
fall.  For tires you really should look at the Goodyear ST225/75R15 load
range D tires.  These are also the same tires that Airstream currently
puts on new trailers.  The tires are rated at 2540# at 65 psi.  I used
them to replace my 7.00x15 bias tires and though that are a snug fit,
they go on and off without too much difficulty.

Also, are you sure that your current wheels are rated high enough for
your trailer weight?  Just this year I found out that the wheels I had
been using were rated at 1500 lbs which is the standard weight for 15"
wheels.  I have since replaced those with a set of chrome wheels rated
at 2600 lbs.

Good luck,

Tom