RE: Re: [VAC]Advice needed: Vinyl Interiors from the 60's

Alex,
     The absolute best chemical I've seen for removing
stains on anything from mildewed concrete to rust spots
on a "stainless stove" is ZEP Mildew remover. Take heed,
it will bleach out paint!! "Stainless" needs to be
resealed with a light oil after use or it will look like
a rusty kettle in a week. Great for taking stains out of
porcelain sinks. Vinyls with a stain can be cleaned only
if you can take a fingernail and scrape some of it off.
My experience is if its in the vinyl, it won't come out.
 Gene