RE: Re: [VAC] WOOD STOVES???

Dan,
     Install your wood stove and use wood or charcoal and
I promise not to cry at your funeral. Almost every year
we have a death report of some poor hunter or fisherman
using a wood burner or charcoal for heat in a camper.
Oxygen depletion or carbon  monoxide will do it every
time. There is a reason for good sales on carbon monoxide
detectors for trailers. It is a lethal event that happens
all too often even with our modern engineered gas
heaters. Use anything that is burning in a small space
and you've got a lethal combination. A house breaths and
thus a fireplace  with a large flu and usually a very
poor heat source. Houses also have problems with co.
Home inspectors routinely find co output in older rusty
or cracked heat exchangers in homes and they have to be
replaced.
    If there is no alternative but a wood burner please
use adequate ventilation and have a co monitor. Under NO
circumstances use charcoal!
    Maybe I'm missing something here but it really sounds
disastrous.
Gene