[VAC] 59 22' Safari Tire and hitch question

Hello All!
I am getting ready to go pick up our pride and (hopefully) joy in the next
10 days.  It is located a number of states away so I am trying to anticipate
as much as I can.  I got the seller to agree to replace the tires as a
condition of sale and are now finding that to be problematic.  It has 8 ply
8.00 X 14.5 Goodyears (on solid rims) which are 20 years old.  These are no
longer available but the seller has located 9.00 X 14.5 Goodyears brand new.
He will also discount the unit if I don't make him replace the tires.  The
question is: Will the 9.00's fit or will they be too tall (wide?)  Am I
better off to take the discount and get new wheels and modern tires?  If so,
what wheel/tire combo would be equivalant?

Second question.  He does not have the hitch bar to go with the unit.  It is
equipped with sway bars and I understand they have to somehow attach to the
hitch bar.  My tow vehicle is a 98 Dodge Durango with a Class IV receiver.
Does someone have picture of what the hitch/ball/swaybar attachment would
look like.  I will no doubt need a drop bar but I am not sure what else.

I will be adding a controller for the electric brakes (any recomendations?)
as well.

I have been amazed at the friendliness and knowledge of the group and am
hoping you can help me with these issues.

Thanking you in advance.

Don Hole
WBCCI # 1067
at Large