Re: [VAC] chemistry

I'm no chemist, but have you tried Quick 'n Bright? The
guy who sold me a bucket at the Iowa State Fair last year
out of the back of his van (I kid you not) said it was
made out of kelp protein or some such thing, was
nontoxic, water soluble, etc. and would clean damn near
everything. You can use the stuff as shampoo, and yet I
have yet to find anything it won't clean, including
fresh, waterproof axle grease. It outdoes Fantastic and
409 (my two old standbys) easily, and doesn't' smell so
bad. It comes in a bucket as a paste, and you apply it
with a scrub sponge like that used to clean teflon pans.
It won't scratch delicate surfaces, but loosens the
softened crud easily, and has a very feint odor which
disappears when it dries, and cleans up with water. I
bought one bucket last august, split it with my brother
and law, use it to clean everything, and have used just a
bit of my half-bucket.  If you want to order a bucket,
let me know and I'll get you the 800#.

Dan Weeks
26' Argosy