Re: [VAC] keys

Merry,
I was in the same situation of missing keys when I picked up our '72
Tradewind last summer. It had only the door key but no keys for the water
inlet or battery/fridge access doors. I was ready to pull the tumblers and
take them to a locksmith, when friends pulling a '78 (Sovereign?) arrived in
town. They said that keys often match between Airstreams, even those from
different years.They tried their keys, and they all fit the Tradewind (except
the door key)! I was on my way to the locksmith with their keyset before they
could even protest. So, if you know anyone locally with an Airstream, it
might be a place to start. Heck, I'll send you our extra set for a tryout if
you'll promise to return them.

Gary