Re: [VAC] 59 Safari tires

Hi, Don;

My wheel and tire situation has changed a little since those pics were
taken, but I suppose it still looks the same.  When I bought the trailer, it
had  7x14 tires. These were seriously overloaded...the tires were ALWAYS
too hot to touch. I went to  a good tire store and they happened to have the
same wheel in 15" that they had just taken off another vehicle. They also
located a D rated ST tire for me.  (BTW, my axle is "flipped", that is, the
axle is underneath the leaf springs, so I had a bit of extra clearance.)
When I replace the rubber next time, I plan on locating something with even
greater weight-bearing capacity. (Weigh your rig-you might be surprised at
the weight those two little tires carry...and remember that a
weight-distributing hitch increases the load on your trailer tires.)

I have only towed a couple thousand miles on the new tires, but they run
considerably cooler (I never tow faster than 65.mph)

Sorry I can't name the wheel manufacturer...I was just glad to find
'em...they match the wheels on my Suburban.

ned