[VAC] 59 Safari tires

Good evening-
Well, I'll be leaving to Friday go out west to pick our "new" 1959 Safari.
I only have one cencern that would mess up the schedule big time.  The
existing tires (8.00 X14.5) and wheels are about 20 years old and I am
concerned about their ability to get me home some 1000 miles.  The question
I need help with is what the proper wheel/tire combination is that is
readily available and will fit.  Has any one changed out the 14.5's for a 15
with a shorter tire? Or a 14 with a taller tire?  Please let me know what
your experience may be as I will be trying to move this process along as
quickly as possible.

Thanks again for the great knowledge.

P.S. Bill Scott.....I really like the spoked wheel tire combo on Ned's 58'
Caravaner.  Do you happen to know what that combination is? Or if Ned is on
list perhaps he could share. I couldn't find an E-mail address for him
otherwise I would contact him directly.

Don and Nancy Hole
Des Moines, Iowa
59 Safari