[VAC] Towing characteristics

Maybe some of you out there, who are familiar with Reese's "Dual Cam" anti-sway
system, can reaasure me that what is happening is normal.

Is it normal for the "cam" to unseat itself when manuevering in tight quarters?
 One spring bar is pulled forward, while the other(inside the turn)is pushed
to the rear.

Do you normally unhook the the cams while working close?  It seems to me that
some movement is a must.  The only way to avoid this, I would think, is to really
crank up the pressure a couple more links, but I didn't think that was the right
way either.

While towing, sometimes I felt like the two vehicles were sort of "porpoising"
just slightly, while going down the road.  Not badly, but sometimes steadily,
unless I accelerated, or braked.  Normal?
I didn't notice this while towing last week with the regular "weight distribution"
set up, which is nearly the same, but without the "cams."

Nick
'68 Safari....newbie