Re: [VAC] Insurance

Gary:

	I'm certainly not an insurance expert, but have you tried using a
different wording, like "replacement value" instead of "stated value?"  I
think insurance companies have a number of ways of insuring various things;
for homeowner's insurance, consumer advocates warn that you generally want
"replacement-value" insurance.  Some policies, I understand, use the
original cost basis, which is not too good unless you have a fire the day
after purchase.  Replacement-value insurance is, naturally, more expensive
than original-cost insurance, I'm told.
	My insurance on both trailers is with State Farm; so far, they've been
very good about honoring their policy (one claim).  The problem I see with
this kind of insurance is understanding just exactly what is covered by the
RV insurance policy (read it) and what is covered as an "extension" of your
tow vehicle's policy.
	Good luck on your quest.

- Dick
(5368)
Professor Emeritus Richard P. Kenan	Tel: 404-894-4702	FAX: 404-894-4700
Georgia Institute of Technology	email: rkenan@ece.gatech.edu
777 Atlantic Drive
Atlanta GA 30332-0250

Retired and loving it!
Home Tel: 770-451-0672	FAX: 770-451-9672
mailto:rkenan@bellsouth.net