[VAC] New vintage owner

Hi, I just bought a 1965 22' Safari.  It is mostly original inside and out.
My intent is to restore the exterior and give it a high polish.  The interior
will get the designers touch since I am and architect and interior designer.
I am debating between a safari theme and a beach theme.  I am in
Fayetteville, NC close to the beaches.  I've noticed there seems to be the
remainder of a film over 50 percent of the exterior skin.  I guess there must
be some special remover to get rid of that?  I had to replace the one of the
wheel studs and in the process noticed a round disc brake pad in the drum.
It is broken off its center support.  I also have no electric brakes.  Any
clues on how to get electric brakes working?  Including the round disc?  I
have a 7 way connector from my vehicle.
Thanks, Funny how posing a question helps answer it.  I now know my brakes
are the top priority.
Thanks again, John Rose