Re: [VAC] Sealant

Vulcam is a One-Part Polyurethane Sealant used in Airstreams for many years
to seal around thru the roof venting, sealing holes in undercarriage, and
can be use to permanently seal anything.  It comes in tube, applys kind of
soft, but is non sagging. Starts to harden up and within a week is fairly
solid and gets firmer in a month.  It never does get totally hard thus
retaining its flexibility.  I took some off a 20year old a/s and it still
had a bit of flexibility.   It is tough and I found it glues itself to
about anything.  It's hard to use as an exposed  "finishing" material
although I have heard some on this list using it for window chalking.
Sounds OK if you got a light touch and some finishing skills.  It
apparently comes in colors but I have used only the grey.  It is
manufactured by Tremco Incorp, Mameco Division, 4475 East 175th St.,,
Cleveland, OH, 44128-3599.   I have had to ordered it thru a local RV
dealer (former A/S dealer but no longer) and have never seen it on the
shelf anywhere.  I have purchased and used some polyurethane sealant from
Home Depot for sealing around a new roof vent, while waiting for my other
order, but it is not quite the same product by a -long -way, but it was OK
for my limited use.

Roy
rlashway@zianet.com