Re: [VAC] Silicone Removal

Cindy and Carl:

The message from "Sweetwater" below gave me what I had been looking for
for one hour and was giving up.  I acquired a 16 oz bottle of the SU 100.
 I have been using it to help clear silcone from around windows & running
lights on the'56 in am rebuilding.  I find it very useful but it is not a
magic bullet in that to work most effective the silcone has to be in
contact with solution for some time.  Like the guy told me - if you put a
drop of silicone in the SU solution over a period of time (few hours I
guess) it would eat the silicone up.  What I have been doing is scraping
off the easy stuff with sharpened "popsicle" type wood sticks then
applying the SU100 with Q tips and letting it work a minute or so.  It
softens up the realy fine film still on the metal and I could scrape it
off.  It did this a couple or more times just to insure I was getting it.
I work in about 8" lengths so I didn't have the material running all over
the panels.   I thought aboutusing  a compress of something if I had to
keep silicone wet longer but fortunately, in this case it worked without
that.   It cost about $25.00 bucks for the stuff but I am glad I have it.

Roy

>From:        Sweetwater, swtwater@erols.com
To:          airstream@airstream.net

For information on a silicone remover one might check out:
http://www.rmoreau.com/su100.htm<