Re: [VAC] Leaks,,,, :(

Thanks everybody, yes, I meant syringe, not needle. I bought a 2-pack of
West syringes (#807)  at West Marine store in the epoxy section. (
straight tips on the syringes) And I trimmed the tip a little. My dad
was afraid I could not force the Vulkem through such a small opening,
but it worked really well. You can reuse the syringes if you clean them
carefully (or you could just buy several, they're not expensive). And
thanks Mike and Leslie for calling it a brilliant idea, that 's a nice
complement.  We had leaks everywhere and the toughest part is that you
have to seal everything. And sometimes you have to do it over. I went
through several minutes of intense denial whan I found the roof vent
leaking after a rain. I finally got over it and slapped more Vulkem
aorund it and it hasn't leaked since.

Bob, I cannot find my receipt for the weather-stripping. (It's a big,
fat file of receipts - I should buy stock in Home Depot) I bought it at
North Dallas RV here in Dallas - they are the authorized airstream
dealer for this area. (Nice people, they have treated me with respect
and been enormously helpful.) The stripping is a black, closed cell,
slightly flattened tube and when I flatten it, it measures an inch wide.
It has an adhesive strip to attach it - which is why I wanted to clean
up the door so well (and also the previous owners had glopped adhesive
glue all over and it was really unattractive. It attached easily and so
far, has adhered beautifully. I'll keep looking for my receipt, but I'm
not sure there was a name or number for the type. My recollection is
that I spent almost twenty dollars for it - I don't know if that's too
much, but you have to buy quite a bit to encircle the door and I wanted
a little left over.

Deena
62 Safari