Re: [VAC] another question, if I may

Ken & Molly, Hello. Yes, baby moons with black rims were probably the original setup for your '57. They were most likely split rims too, but you don't want them. A big consideration with the smaller trailers, and the reason many do not have the baby moons any more is finding a rim/tire combination that 1, fits in the wheel wells. 2, holds the weight of the trailer. ST tires are preferred, since they are constructed specifically for the special needs of trailers. LT tires will work. I would not recomend car tires, tho I'm sure that some people are using them. Radial vs Bias Ply - your choice. Airstream is now using radials, but they did not have them back in the 50's. With the badges, are you sure that your Bubble ever had them? Do you see holes in the skin, or rivits in the pattern of a badge, but no badge? Badges are not something that are normally removed or lost over the years. One thing that you will notice about Airstream is that they were always changing. What was done to one '57 Bubble, may not have been done to the very next one off the assembly line!

Scott Scheuermann
1960 Overlander