Re: [VAC] 14 x 26 Vent Covers

Hi all who are interested in vent covers,

On several occasions I have picked up vent covers for $10 at the WBCCI International Convention
during the flea market where everyone and everyone's cousin brings their "Airstream Stuff" and
their "Any Old Junk" to sell. That event is one of the most richly endowed sources of vintage
parts we ever
attend -- and the price is right. Our second most favored Airstream flea market is the Florida
State Rally in Sarasota every winter in February. We've been known to pick up replacement parts
for things that haven't broken yet. That probably fits in the category of "insider
speculation."

Maybe the math won't hold up, but at $150 a pop (see posting below), it might be worth it to
attend one or both of these rallies on the chance you'll find exactly what you need or will
need -- someday. Food for thought.

We're at Paradise Park today with 315 other Airstreams. This Airstream Park is located on route
74 east of Punta Gorda, Florida. Every January, the park puts on a celebration week. One of the
featured mid week events is a flea market.

My point is there are Airstream Parks all around the continent and each one does something
special at least once a year. It wouldn't be a surprise to find "flea market" on the list of
activities during that event. Likewise, every Region and State Rally puts on a group of
activities every year. Yes, flea market is on their list of activities.

Membership in WBCCI provides a magazine called the Blue Beret that lists all these events, the
date, the place and where to send your registration so you may attend the rally. On more than
one occasion we have "stumbled" onto used parts that were in mint condition and for sale at a
fraction of the cost we would have to pay otherwise. In my round about, obtuse way of
rationalizing how we spend our money, I've attempted to convince Sandie the trip didn't cost us
anything because of the savings on parts that I bought at the flea market. I'm still trying and
she's still choking back laughter. And both of us have a good time at these events.

Terry
'63 Flying Cloud
'67 Safari