Re: [VAC] shocking story

Angela,

Is your 120 V alternating current connection a cable or an umbilical
cord with a connector on the trailer?  My trailer has an umbilical cord
and once when I had washed the trailer I started to dry it and noticed a
shock on the exterior.  I immediately unplugged the trailer from the
connector and after drying the trailer, I disassembled the connector.  I
found that there was a leak in the sealant and that the water had gotten
behind the connector and shorted the ground and neutral wire together.
I added some new sealant and have not had a repeat of that problem since.

Just a thought,

Tom H.